This is a feature that allows Sippo users to setup and schedule an online meeting with someone who does not belong to its organization and thus, does not have a Sippo collaborator account.
These external participants can join the meeting just by clicking on an invitation URL on its desktop or mobile devices. Meetings have support for multiple participants, including multi-party video conferencing 
Setting up the meeting¶
Sippo meetings section is accessible via its icon on the bottom bar of the main screen . In order to create a new meeting, just click on the located at the top right of the main panel, and a form will be displayed where the following information needs to be introduced:
- Meeting name (mandatory). This is just to identify the meeting.
- Participants Email address, mobile phone number or user name of each of the participants. Press ENTER after add each participant. 
- Date and time To be added on the ICS invitation.
Once that a meeting is created, you will see it in the meeting list.
Meeting invitations will be sent to the invited participants, either via email or via SMS:
- The email invitation message contains an ICS file that the participant can download or open, so that he can the meeting to his personal calendar.
- The SMS invitation is just a plain text message containing a link to the meeting site.
Note that it is not required that the invited user is a registered user of the Sippo collaborator, the e-mail contains a link that brings the user in a dedicated web space in which the registered user of the Sippo collaborator and the invited user can share information.
Joining a meeting¶
To join a meeting, participants just need to click on the meeting URL and they will be asked to take a selfie and introduce its name. This information is required in order to show it to the rest of participants:
- The name is shown in the participant’s list
- The picture is shown as user’s avatar
If the participant has a Sippo collaborator account and is already logged, this information will not be required and he/she will be directed straight forward to the meeting room.
If the participant does not have a camera or wants to join in audio-only mode, he will need to click on the link in the bottom (“I don’t have a camera/voice call”).
Once the participant is connected to the room, it will have access to a limited multiparty conference. All the participants will be shown in a row in the upper-right
- One of them is shown as main background. Last connected user.
- Each participant can select which user to see in the main background just by clicking on it.
- If a participant stops his video, his avatar is shown instead of its video stream.
- If a participant is a Sippo user and he is logged, its own avatar and display name will be shown instead.
- Participants joining the meeting from a desktop browser will be able to share its screen.
Check more about multiparty conferences at Multiparty conferences section.
|||Please take into account that a SFU unit is required to support multiparty conferencing.|
|||Please take into account that email and SMS services need to be activated by your system administrator.|